[Talk-gb-westmidlands] Downloading OSM slippy map tiles

Andy Townsend ajt1047 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 7 18:44:15 UTC 2019

On 07/07/2019 19:26, Iain Simpson wrote:

> I've just tried to run it again and it fails with
> 'urllib.error.HTTPError: HTTP Error 403: Forbidden'
>
> I assume that the OSM access methods/conditions have changed.
> Can anyone suggest where to look or who to contact ?

My guess is that you're using http rather than https and not handling
the redirect?  Try just changing the URL first and if that still fails
give an example of an actual URL that has the problem.

For completeness the current policy is at
https://operations.osmfoundation.org/policies/tiles/ , and some
"tightening up" of the rules has happened recently, but my guess is that
it's just http vs https.

Best Regards,

Andy