[Talk-GB] National Cycle Route 1 & 75 around Edinburgh

Chris Fleming me at chrisfleming.org
Mon Apr 9 18:09:18 BST 2007

Shaun McDonald wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been looking at the data in the Edinburgh area, and I think that
> the cycle way from near the A902 to approaching Dalmeny that is
> marked as ncn_ref=75, should corrected to ncn_ref=1. Is it just me or
> is this a error?

It is, and it´s my mistake. I even took this pic:
http://www.chrisfleming.org/gallery2/v/OSM/15March2007/IMG_0764.JPG.html

as a reminder few weeks ago to correct it....

> I know through South Queensferry there is the ncn 1 and 76 (not 75)
> take the same route. What is the best way of showing this?

I think that the common thing to do is to use ncr_ref=1;76  ??

> How do the regional cycle routes get shown/entered?

I don think that there is any specific rendering for these yet, although
there is talk of a cycle layer and I expect that this may draw and label
the cycle routes....

Cheers
Chris