[Talk-GB] Node v's Linear

Shaun McDonald shaunmcdonald131 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 13:40:09 BST 2007

Hi,

I've finally figured out why the osmarenderer doesn't render aqueducts.
Looking at
<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Map_Features#Waterway>
the aqueduct is a node. Can someone please explain why?

Most of the aqueducts that I know of are linear, like a bridge.

Many moorings are long enough to park many vessels so to just have
them as a node is a bit of a problem.

Railway viaducts have the same problem as the Aqueducts.

Mainline railway stations such as the Edinburgh Waverley are very
large, so should be an area, with  nodes for the platforms if
possible. This would help to show the location of the whole station,
with all access points able to be added.

Shaun