[Talk-GB] Fwd: designated cycleway, designated bridleway, designated footway

Rik van der Helm rik at the-quickest.com
Wed Aug 1 20:54:53 BST 2007

Hi,

I am a new member of OSM. I am a walker and planning to map footpathes
in NL for OSM. Before I do that I want to investigate the tags I need to
gather. I will put the results of my investigation on the dutch wiki.
For now I have a question about the descriptions ofbridleway, cycleway,
footway in the map_features, "designated XXXway". Sofar I can't find a
proper translation for it in dutch. I think 'designated' means there are
proper signs along the way which indicate that it is a 'XXXway' ? Maybe
someone can point me in the right
direction.

Thanks in advance, Rik