[Talk-GB] How do I tag this cyckeway?

Shaun McDonald shaunmcdonald131 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 23:20:02 BST 2007

On 15 Aug 2007, at 22:55, Dave_A_F wrote:

> I have a cycleway in Dumfries which is signed as part of

highway=cycleway

> 1. NCN7

ncn_ref=7

> 2. KM Trail	- celebrating a local chap Kirkpatrick Macmillan who
> caused all
> the trouble by inventing the bicycle

trail_name=?

> 3. CTC Glenkiln Loop

name=?

> 4. Byway 	- one of the National Byway routes

byway=yes?

Personally I don't understand this byway thing.

> And it, in places, is along a long established walkway - a
> favourite of
> Robert Burns and shown on local signs as Burns Walk.

foot=yes

> I suppose it is really a question for Andy Allan and his superb
> cycle map
> but I am sure  others must have come across similar things.

You might be able to help with symbols on the following signs:
http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/
shaunmcdonald131/20070804osmcycleSouthToGalashielsAndMelrose/
photo#5095192221629622178

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/
shaunmcdonald131/20070804osmcycleSouthToGalashielsAndMelrose/
photo#5095192264579295154

They were taken around Melrose. (There is a point on the map as the
photos were tagged using the GPS track.)

Shaun