[Talk-GB] Hindhead Tunnel

Jonathan Bennett openstreetmap at jonno.cix.co.uk
Tue Aug 28 20:23:34 BST 2007

80n wrote:
> It was me.
>
> Yes, it really was surveyed, on foot, up to the point where there road
> will enter a tunnel (which hasn't been built yet).

:-O Bloody hell! Was this before or after they brought in the Heavy
Plant, and started removing heavy plants? I admire your dedication to
the cause!

> My current thoughts are that we need a tag like highway=construction
> which can then be qualified with the ultimate class of the road if it is
> known, producing highway=construction:trunk.  This would not get
> misinterpreted by renderers or other clients but still provide all the
> information required.

Indeed. You could also do the same with highway=planned:<type> to show
projects that have approval, but where construction hasn't yet started.

> Any other ideas or suggestions?

Do we need to restrict which zoom levels roads under construction are
shown on? They might not be very useful at lower zoom.

J.