[Talk-GB] Newbie in Bath

Robert Hart Robert.Hart at BuroHappold.com
Mon Feb 5 15:07:01 GMT 2007

Hi Frank (and Graham),

The Bath weekend was my first OSM experience, but I've been working
slowly and steadily ever since. The majority of north Bath is done or
well underway (Larkhall, Camden Crescent, Lansdown, and Weston), so I've
been thinking of heading south-east into the "East of Wellsway" bit that
is largely absent from OSM - Combe Down, Odd Down and so forth. I have
been doing most of my mapping by bicycle, so most footpaths are missing.
I'm assuming from your mail you are a walker?

I've also been meaning to get in touch with Graham again to see how he's
getting on and formulate a master plan for showing those Cambridge and
Isle of Wight folks what a *real* map looks like! Would you be
interested in meeting up one evening perhaps?

My current goal is to get Bath into the top 30 on Almien's interesting
places list. http://www.almien.co.uk/OSM/Places/?action=interesting

I did see somebody wandering through Victoria Park at the weekend (near
the tennis courts) with a GPS, who seemed to be walking in a very
deliberate way like they could have been mapping, but not seen any
uploads...

Anyway, definitely good to have you on board...

Rob

This message has been scanned for viruses by MailControl - www.mailcontrol.com