[Talk-GB] Fwd: NCN refs - consistency

Andy Allan gravitystorm at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 22:51:37 BST 2007

On 7/14/07, Dave_A_F <d.a_web3 at fiddes.net> wrote:

> The ref should not be just a number - numbers on the rendered map can easily
> be confused - much better N1 or NR1 though I prefer the former.
> I would suggest that using just a number is a bit like relying on the route
> being rendered as red of green to know that 1 meant A1 etc.

The problem being that on the signs it only says "4", not N4. Note the
difference between this and road signs, which do have the letters in
front on them.

They are unlikely to be confused on the map, since either it will be a
cycle-only map/layer (like the mapnik slippy map that I've made for
myself) or it will look different from the rest of the road