[Talk-GB] Paths of desire mapping party this weekend - arrangements

Tom Chance tom at acrewoods.net
Mon Mar 5 11:21:55 GMT 2007

Hullo,

This coming weekend it's the Pathways of Desire mapping weekend in south London:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Pathways_of_desire_party

It should be a fun opportunity to initiate some newcomers, map some vrgin land untouched by the competition, and in time perhaps persuade the local council to create some brand new paths based on our maps!

I've updated the basic details on the wiki - turn up at the BioRegional offices at 11am, map until lunch in the offices at something like 2pm, with a pub trip on Saturday evening. It would be handy if people could indicate when they're planning to come so I can prepare a bit better (i.e. either have some vague directions for a few people, or ready-made aerial photos with segments for people to tackle). Oh, and fun jokes aside do let me know if you're coming by car, you're likely to have to find some side street to park down but we may be able to get a permit or two for the BedZED site.

On Saturday we're going to focus on mapping the main features in the area around the open land. So far as I know most of the main roads and rail links are done, but it would be good to flesh it all out a bit.

On Sunday we'll tackle the open land, mapping unofficial pathways that people have created by repeatedly walking the same way. Steve C is bringing some spare GPS units, and I hope to get some residents, locals and colleagues to come along on the day to help out.

See you soon,
Tom