[Talk-GB] Some newbie questions

Nick Whitelegg Nick.Whitelegg at solent.ac.uk
Mon Mar 5 15:06:02 GMT 2007

>About the firepaths, it seems to me it would be best represented as a
>short way with the same highway=* attribute as the road it is on, with
>access=no and fire_engine=yes.  Other people might correct me on this.

Perhaps highway=whatever, fire_engine=yes, foot=yes, motorcar=no,
bicycle=yes (assuming bikes can do it) would be most appropriate. The only
difficulty is what to call the highway. Frequently blocked off sections of
roads like this become highway=footway, but if fire engines can also
access it, maybe that isn't appropriate.

highway=fireway???

Nick