[Talk-GB] Postcodes map

Dominic Hargreaves dom at earth.li
Wed Mar 28 19:05:16 BST 2007

On Wed, Mar 28, 2007 at 07:02:42PM +0100, David Earl wrote:
> > > The data comes from the current list at NPE maps (
> > http://www.npemap.org/ ).
> > > I've got it overlaying the mapnik layer from OSM at the moment.
>
> Is there a way of correcting the postcode data?
>
> (a) there are some bizarre codes: e.g. CN and PE both appear prominently
> butincorrectly over parts of the Cambridge hinterland
>
> (b) nearly all the postcodes in the area surrounding Cambridge (many tens of
> thousands of them) were changed in September last year in what I believe was
> one of the biggest ever postcode reorganisations in recent years.

Individual postcodes: click on the marker on http://www.npemap.org.uk/
and follow the "problem" link. They get marked as deleted after an admin
review of these reports.

Bulk updates: mail webmaster at npemap.org.uk and we'll see what we can do.

We are aware of the various bulk postcode changes such as the CB ones,
but we don't think we can reliably update these ourselves at the moment.
Specific reports are, however, useful.

Cheers,

Dominic.