[Talk-GB] Galloway Was:Summer Wales Party / Isle of Wight Redux...

Jonathan Bennett openstreetmap at jonno.cix.co.uk
Mon Jan 14 08:48:24 GMT 2008

Bruce Cowan wrote:
> Sorry, I meant there is a blank area bounded by Ayr, Stranraer and
> Castle Douglas, but I now assume there are no roads here anyway. I'm not
> very good at the geography around there, I didn't realise that bit that
> sticks out was Galloway.

It's the Rhins of Galloway -- and one thing we currently lack is the
ability to have a label for a region stretch out along a path (which
could be a Way, I suppose). Otherwise you could have this name
stretching all the way down the sticky out bit.

As for the Galloway Triangle, there are lots of roads to be mapped
there, but they're definitely a car job -- The Rhins could be done by a
few bike mappers in a weekend, but it's a lot hillier in the interior of
the region.

I may be back in the area later this year.

> P.S. I like complaining a lot, but this was an error.

And I think I should put smileys on my emails in future...