[Talk-GB] Traffic lights

Ed Loach ed at loach.me.uk
Mon Sep 15 11:52:20 BST 2008

Is there any concensus on how to mark traffic lights? I've been marking the nodes where two ways join at a light controlled junction as traffic_lights, based on where I first saw them used elsewhere, but I have since discovered that in some locations some mappers try and mark each traffic light post with it's own node (which can make a junction look a bit cluttered when rendered).

I guess technically you are unlikely to get a set of traffic lights positioned in the centre of a junction, but in my opinion it is more of a property of the junction than an instruction to render lights in the centre of the junction.

Any opinions either way (at the risk of split opinions along the lines of bus stops)?

Ed