[Talk-GB] [Fwd: Re: Cycle lane in one direction only]

Tue Sep 30 19:48:05 BST 2008

Drat, mailed out using the wrong email address. Sorry if you see a
duplicate.

LeedsTracker wrote:

> Can't we use the direction of the way being tagged? E.g.
> cycleway:withway=<any permissible value for cycleway>
> cycleway:againstway=<any permissible value for cycleway>

That's actually what I'm suggesting - but I grant you :left and :right
are pretty confusing suffixes. Like I say, rendering ought to be
possible for anywhere in the world.

What about one of:

   foo:arrow_left      /  foo:arrow_right
   foo:way_left        /  foo:way_right
   foo:on_way's_left   /  foo:on_way's_right

that's the meaning, and they're explicit about which side the casing ow
whatever might go relative to the direction arrow.

> If neither withway/againstway are given, assume both ways as default

Yes, for backwards-compatibility reasons.

--
Andrew Chadwick