[Talk-GB] Chester Zoo: feedback requested

Frankie Roberto frankie at frankieroberto.com
Thu Sep 3 20:42:18 BST 2009

Hi all,

I visited Chester Zoo a few weeks back, took my GPS, and spent an exhausting
few hours walking along every path (as well as looking at a few of the
animals).

Using a combination of the GPS traces and the Yahoo satellite photography,
I've tried to add as much detail to the map as possible:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=53.2258&lon=-2.88111&zoom=17

It's not 'complete', but I think I've done as much as I can without
returning to do some more detailed surveying.

Would appreciate any feedback (on the tagging or the geometry). There's some
interesting use of tags, including animal=* (which was discussed on the main
mailing list a few months back, but which I don't think has even been
formally proposed), as well as natural=mud for the elephant enclosure (it's
not natural, but it's definitely muddy), and a mixture of islands, navigable
and non-navigable canals.

I have a contact who works at the zoo, so I'm aiming to get the map as
complete as possible, and then to send them a colour print of it as a gift.

So, any help would be gratefully received!

Frankie

P.S The zoo is a great place to visit, if anyone fancies a day out... Don't
miss the baby giraffe!

--
Frankie Roberto