[Talk-GB] A new Flickr group for old out-of-copyright OS Maps

Thomas Wood grand.edgemaster at gmail.com
Sun Sep 13 22:41:54 BST 2009

These maps are already rectified of course, it's usually good to
convert the OS coordinates to Lat/Lons and then set the grid corners
as reference points.
Quite a few sheets were done this way for Oxford. See
http://warper.geothings.net/layers/7 for an example of what's
possible.

2009/9/13 Peter Miller <peter.miller at itoworld.com>:

> I was lent 65 first-edition 1:500 OS maps of Ipswich dating back to
> 1882 a couple of days ago which I have now photographed and uploaded
> to Flickr. I was surprised to find that there was no Flickr group of
> out-of-copyright OS maps so I created it.
>
> The rules I have created says that all maps should be geo-coded, that
> the photos should be released CCBYSA and that the contributor agrees
> that the images can also be used to derive mapping for OSM (to cover
> use under ODBL where there derivation from CCBYSA is less certain.
>
> The group is here:
> http://www.flickr.com/groups/1192119@N24/pool/
>
> I have also just rectified one map using Warper. Four control points
> seemed to do the job very well.
> http://warper.geothings.net/maps/preview/1205
>
> If anyone has any suggestions about adjusting the rules for the group
> or wants to be an admin then please let me know.
>

> Regards,
>

> Peter

Regards,
Thomas Wood