[Talk-GB] More NaPTAN Counties Uploaded - Bristol and Cheshire East

Robert Naylor robert at pobice.co.uk
Tue Sep 15 22:37:54 BST 2009

On Tue, 15 Sep 2009 08:36:50 +0100, Thomas Wood
<grand.edgemaster at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry for the delay in getting back, the end of last week was marred
> by not being able to get online.
>
> Anyway, I have now imported West Yorkshire (more on this in a bit),
> Torbay and Thurrock.

Thanks for importing West Yorkshire.

Just had a go at merging a bus stop and just my luck picked a less
straight forward one.

A bus stop, which in Naptan has a stop marked per side of road, however
its only physicaly marked at one side only.

I've merged the actual stop with the naptan point on the same side of the
road, but I'm not sure what to do with the Naptan point on the other side.

Possibly something like
physically_present=opposite
highway=bus_stop

or just
physically_present=no
highway=bus_stop

And then of course there is the BusStopType which will then contradict
physically_present if I set physically_present=opposite

Quite a lot of bus stops round here also have ref set to what should
hopefully be in local_ref. (Possibly my fault that....)

--
Robert