[Talk-GB] Ordnance Survey Landform Panorama data

Richard Bullock rb357 at cantab.net
Sun Apr 4 14:46:51 BST 2010

> I've had a look at the height data, and it appears that it is incomplete
> (many tiles are missing altogether). Does anyone know why? I realise
> that it is the only dataset that won't be updated, but presumably they
> have a full set. I haven't been able to find an explanation, and the
> information about it online suggests it is a full set, though the
> downloaded index shows it to be partial. I thought one of you 'more
> closely involved ;-) ' guys might know.

Presumably any ones which are missing are the ones which are out to sea and
therefore have no contours in them?
e.g. the 100x100km grid square "SV" only contains sv80.dxf - as that's the
only square which has any land in it (the Scilly Isles)

For the ones on land - there should be 25 files per larger-grid square.,
i.e. each file represents a 20x20km square.

I've by no means checked every one on my download, but a look at quite a few
squares show that I have all the ones I expcet to have for those squares.