[Talk-GB] tracing lakes with Potlatch

Andy Allan gravitystorm at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 18:39:35 BST 2010

On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 1:37 PM, Henry Gomersall <heng at cantab.net> wrote:

> I've been keen for a while to improve the lake and tarns outlines in the
> lake district. It seems the current data is a little coarse and could be
> improved.

Awesome. Having top-notch maps in popular outdoor areas is one of the
big drivers of enthusiasm behind OSM.

> Also, is it worth bothering, as it seems some of
> the new OS datasets will have decent lakes and rivers.

It's always "worth bothering" to improve OpenStreetMap, so long as
you're OK with the knowledge that at some point in the future someone
will improve your work even further! I was improving some loch
outlines earlier on today, and anyone who looks at them this afternoon
onwards will benefit - irrespective of what the OS datasets may or may
not contain in the future.

Cheers,
Andy