[Talk-GB] London Mapping Marathons

Gregory nomoregrapes at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 12 21:59:19 BST 2010

I'd be happy to do that (I'm back from the start of May!). I think Thursdays
might pan out better for me, but I might alternate if stuff comes up on
Tuesdays.

I think it was another Nick that mentioned SOTM and language in another
e-mail, and I feel I should at least attempt to say a few key Spanish
phrases while in Spain. Such as "Two beers please" and "have you seen the
mapping geeks?".
It got me thinking, should we do something like a 'phrase of the week' at
the pub. Each week someone provides a phrase, we practise it at the pub, and
during the evening we can also test each other with phrases from previous
weeks. See, I'm not too good with languages so have to take it in small
steps, plus it's more fun to learn with other people who are going to SOTM
or just want to play along at the marathons.

On 12 April 2010 12:31, Nick Black <nickblack1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> What are the chances we could do the London Mapping Marathons on
> Tuesday or Thursdays?  There's a SOTM conference call every Wednesday
> from 8pm BST that makes it difficult to make it to the mapping
> parties.
>
> What do you think?
>
> --
> Nick Black