[Talk-GB] London Mapping Marathons

Tim Francois sk1ppy14 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Apr 15 16:31:31 BST 2010

How funny, I was just checking out Oxford Street to get some answers to a
question I had: namely, if there were buildings in the OSM map, and they
were split into their individual shop, what's the best way to tag it as a
shop/café/restaurant etc?

Would you tag the building shop=* (or amenity=*...), or add a POI with
shop=* on top of the building? The POI Overkill map does not render shop
icons for buildings with the shop=* tag (same with restaurants etc), so I'm
gonna presume that many other (non Mapnik and Osmarender) don't either, so
placing POIs would seem to be the best solution.

Anyone got any input?

Thanks
Tim