[Talk-GB] OS Locator - using in JOSM

David Dixon david at ddixon.force9.co.uk
Wed Apr 21 19:37:50 BST 2010

I've been playing with the OS OpenData Locator dataset, which contains
the XY coordinates for the ends & midpoint of many of the UK's roads.
This gazetteer appears to complement the StreetView data - some (short)
streets whose names are absent from StreetView are included in OS
Locator. Conversely, some streets named in StreetView are absent from OS
Locator.

I've come up with a relatively painless way of getting the midpoint data
into an overlay in JOSM - see the wiki for details:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Ordnance_Survey_Opendata#OS_Locator

If anyone can't get this working, I might be persuaded to format a
county or two - do get in touch.  I can't guarantee a quick turnaround
though!

David