[Talk-GB] Yet more musical chairs updates.

Robert Scott lists at humanleg.org.uk
Wed Aug 4 16:16:30 BST 2010

On Wednesday 04 August 2010, Tim Francois wrote:
> My question still stands about the fact that there are LOADS of roads with
> the same name in OSL and OSM but are being flagged by a bright green
> rectangle. Why is this?

In many cultures, green is considered a sign of "good", "OK", or "everything's fine". You can see this usage for instance in our traffic lights. Hence a green OSL entry -> one that's fine.

Facetiousness aside, I am going to add a non-authoritative mode which shows bad matches first, but I still think it's important to show _all_ OSL entries in authoritative mode. I have tried to tone down the "near perfect" matches to be less "bright green" but they can still appear quite bright when there are many overlapping.

> Also, how often is this data updated these days?

Nightly with the odd extra update in the daytime if I want to try something out.

robert.