[Talk-GB] NSG NLPG LLPGs Re: Definitive source for UK streetnames? - OS, 'road name signs', or a council 'list'?

Andy Robinson (blackadder-lists) ajrlists at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 11:31:00 BST 2010

The fact that the NSG was not set up as an open platform has been a bugbear
of mine since it was set up. It's driven mostly by the needs of the LA's and
utility companies to co-ordinate street works activities (notifications of
works and the management thereof) as part of the NRSWA 1991. It was
originally argued to me that the data can't be opened up to external parties
because of the commercial sensitivity of the data included by utility
companies, but in reality all of the general gazetteer data that relates to
a street could easily be opened up.

So, good luck with your efforts. Anything that exposes addresses to a wider
population is a real benefit.

Cheers

Andy