[Talk-GB] Yet more musical chairs updates.

Robert Scott lists at humanleg.org.uk
Mon Aug 9 17:05:51 BST 2010

On Monday 09 August 2010, Tim François wrote:
> ...which is why I suggested letting users have the *option* to turn them off as I recognise that some find the information useful (including the developer, as mentioned last week). It just bogs down my little netbook quite a bit, the poor thing.

Aww.

I was assuming most modern machines were fine with this because I do most stuff on my PII 400 (dual) (<- no, that's not a typo) and, while it's slow loading it works reasonably well, and I thought _nobody_'s going to be using this with anything this slow. I'll have a think and also look at where (if) I can squeeze any more checkboxes/controls into the UI.

> It's up to the developer to decide what they think is important and not important, and I'm sure Robert does not take any offence at the questions/suggestions/critique leveled at him

No not at all, I love people ripping things apart - I just think people think I have more time and mental resources than I do. And I haven't seen any concrete suggestions (that I agree with ;) yet.

I'm also loathe to just add textual explanations to everything, as I think that's a bit of a cop-out which will also keep going out of date.

For instance, I really want to rip out the whole "matches" concept and replace it with the more generic idea of "states", but that will require a bunch of backend work and make any help that's not built into the UI concept out of date.

I should be working.

robert.