[Talk-GB] OS 1:25000 out of copyright maps

Richard Bullock rb357 at cantab.net
Sun Feb 14 13:32:33 GMT 2010

> I have been following the availability of the OS 1:25000 maps closely.  I
> am particularly interested in sheets SU77 and SU78, which are identified
> in http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/images/6/62/25kOS_Index_Graphical.pdf as
> 'Available online now', and in
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/images/1/11/25kOS_maps_Held.pdf as 'Tiled'
> as of 04/02/2010.  I use JOSM and can see other sheets in the surrounding
> area, but not the two I mentioned.  Is there some sort of time lag?

There seems to be a time lag of a few days to these tiles appearing for zoom
levels z=14 outwards

They are currently available for z=15 and z=16

For z=17 they don't seem to have appeared yet.

In JOSM, if they haven't loaded, try zooming out a bit and right-clicking on
the layer and choosing the option "change resolution". I have just tried and
loaded ok.