[Talk-GB] Addresses for blocks of flats

Ed Loach ed at loach.me.uk
Thu May 6 11:15:26 BST 2010

Tom asked about tagging flats:

> Should I tag the whole building as something like
"addr:housenumber=34-108"?

I've had a similar issue recently. I used to have a node
representing the exit to a block of flats and on the node I had
addr:housenumber=31-37 and also on the node addr:interpolation=odd

When I later traced the building outline from StreetView and moved
the tags across it converted the building outline to a dotted line
(thinking it was an interpolation way) and of course it isn't. It's
a building outline, so the interpolation tag on it doesn't make much
sense (so I moved it for now to the note field).

On another block I listed the individual numbers separated by commas
- examples of both somewhere about here:
http://osm.org/go/0EHnCRvR5--
on Epping Close.

Ed