[Talk-GB] Surry Meetup

Gregory nomoregrapes at googlemail.com
Mon May 17 18:11:51 BST 2010

On 17 May 2010 14:48, James Rutter <James.Rutter at surreyheath.gov.uk> wrote:
Do you think an explicit statement is required from the liquidators stating
that it’s fine to derive data from the air survey for the purpose of adding
data to the OSM database.

I think this would be the ideal(beyond public domain of course), 80n do you
agree?

ODbL does seem really strange for images. If it was't legally good for
importing, the wiki page should have a clear "don't use yet" message.
Checking what it says... I see "Imagery is provided to OSM expressly for
tracing".
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Surrey_Air_Survey

I blame Firefishy for "clarifying" the license
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Surrey_Air_Survey&diff=465852&oldid=465470

I blame myself for the list not seeing this thread, I originally meant to
reply-all.

--
Gregory
osm at livingwithdragons.com