[Talk-GB] building shapes from OS Street View, with code

Steve Doerr steve.doerr at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun May 30 15:08:40 BST 2010

From: "TimSC" <mapping at sheerman-chase.org.uk>
Sent: Friday, May 28, 2010 10:11 AM

> The python code is here (with a readme file):
> http://timsc.dev.openstreetmap.org/dev/mapseg0.1.tar.gz

Looking forward to testing this, but having some problems with the
prerequisites. I've installed this 'Python' thing (version 2.6) and the
shapely library, but the NumPy install is failing with a message 'Python
version 2.6 required, which was not found in the registry'. I'm guessing
that it may be because NumPy is a 32-bit build (I downloaded it from
<http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/numpy/NumPy/1.4.1/numpy-1.4.1-win32-superpack-python2.6.exe?use_mirror=ovh>)
whereas Python is 64-bit.

So, do I reinstall Python as 32-bit, or is there a 64-bit version of NumPy
around?

Grateful for any help.

--
Steve