[Talk-GB] Rebooting the NAPTAN import?

Tom Chance tom at acrewoods.net
Mon Apr 4 21:36:17 BST 2011

On 4 April 2011 19:36, Stuart Grimshaw <stuart.grimshaw at gmail.com> wrote:

> The problem with tagging routes on a map is that they change s often.
> We saw during Sheffield's Transport Hack Day this weekend when the
> guys from our local travel authority showed us how bus routes don't
> just change from month to month, they change depending on the time of
> day!

I'm not an expert on bus routes in London, but I don't think they change
that much here.

We get diversions for roadworks, which present a similar problem for the
basic road network. There are night buses with separate route relations.
Sometimes routes do change but TfL announce these on their web site.

I imagine there will be a lot of regional variation, and in any case the
problem of keeping it up to date and accutate is the same as for any other
map data, none of which we have perfect answers for.

Tom