[Talk-GB] Maxspeed tagging for the UK

SomeoneElse lists at mail.atownsend.org.uk
Mon Apr 11 23:39:58 BST 2011

>         On 9 April 2011 08:15, Peter Miller <peter.miller at itoworld.com
>         <mailto:peter.miller at itoworld.com>
>         <mailto:peter.miller at itoworld.com
>         <mailto:peter.miller at itoworld.com>>> wrote:

>            We seem to be nudging towards something close to a conclusion.
>
>            Can I suggest that the following two methods are valid, however
>            the second one should be considered to be 'better' and
>         where it is
>            used then it should be retained to avoid edit warring.

>            Method 2
>         maxspeed=60 mph
>         maxspeed:type=GB:rural
>         source:maxspeed=survey

Great - someone has now changed a bunch of "maxspeed=national" locally
to me to to "maxspeed=60 mph".  Next I guess someone will come along and
add
"source:maxspeed=i_was_sat_in_my_armchair_and_it_seemed_like_a_good_idea" or
similar?

We've lost the information that the sign is actually NOT a 60 mph sign.
Something like method 2 above would have avoided losing information
(although "GB:rural" is meaningless; if pushed, "GB:national" or some
variant would be better).

Cheers,
Andy