[Talk-GB] Sorting out layering in East Anglia, Essex, London and Kent

Richard Mann richard.mann.westoxford at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 23:14:26 BST 2011

I've tried updating the wiki to accommodate the previously-discussed
tagging of waterways as layer=-1, with bridges done at layer=0. The
previous text was rather negative, and seemed to mix two issues
(setting waterways at layer=-1, and whether or not bridges were
explicit).

In my experience waterways at layer=-1 reduces rendering issues, and
I'd want to see some serious evidence to the contrary to stop doing
it. The only rendering issue I can see is the result of Mapnik drawing
bridges topmost (and cyclemap not using layers on roads at all), but
they are known rendering errors.

Eg:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=51.7524343729019&lon=-1.27369523048401&zoom=18&layers=M

http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=51.752597&lon=-1.296226&zoom=17&layers=C