[Talk-GB] Cycling Scotland to help motivate local community groups to map their area in OSM

Martin - CycleStreets list-osm-talk-gb at cyclestreets.net
Thu Apr 28 22:59:25 BST 2011

CycleStreets has obtained funding from from Cycling Scotland to enhance
cycle journey planning in Scotland and to help motivate local community
groups map their area.

http://www.cyclestreets.net/blog/2011/04/28/journey-planning-with-cycling-scotland/

This will include the creation of a user-friendly guide for local community
groups which introduces OpenStreetMap, explains how we use it for cycle
routing, how people can collect data, and importantly outline the key
things that improve the quality of cycle routing. (We hope this guide will
also be of wider use to the OpenStreetMap community elsewhere, too, even
though it will of course be tailored for Scotland.)

We'll be asking round the OSM community soon for suggestions for content
and for someone/people who can be commissioned to work on this guide.

Martin,                     **  CycleStreets - For Cyclists, By Cyclists
Developer, CycleStreets     **  http://www.cyclestreets.net/