[Talk-GB] Adding a further 250, 000 UK roads quickly using a Bot?

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Thu Feb 3 11:44:22 GMT 2011

Peter Miller wrote:
> I use the following method.
>
> If the OS name is different from the streetsign and general usage I put
> it in not:name
> If it is apparently a valid alternative I put it on alt_name
> I am not clear why anything else is required.

Probably half of the 'errors' in this area are due to full stops and apostrophes
differences. I though OS has generally dropped them, but a few names that are
not currently matching because of an apostrophe in one or other and their use or
not is probably a religious war area ;)

I'm not sure that an alt_name entry is necessary in this case and I wonder how
many of the remaining matches would be made if these were simply stripped before
comparing?

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL