[Talk-GB] Adding a further 250, 000 UK roads quickly using a Bot?

Richard Mann richard.mann.westoxford at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 12:31:16 GMT 2011

I'm not sure that mapping parties by non-locals are that different
from armchair tracing in terms of community engagement. Rather than a
bot, I'd aim for a tool that suggested the OS name if you draw a road
or click on an existing road without a name. That would save an awful
lot of typing while still requiring review-as-you-go

I think we are more likely to build community by using the data,
particularly by drawing maps with it (cue ad for Maperitive). It has
to be said that you can't draw a map if there's no data.

Richard