[Talk-GB] Adding a further 250, 000 UK roads quickly using a Bot?

Dair Grant dair at refnum.com
Thu Feb 3 12:40:14 GMT 2011

Peter Miller wrote:

> There is suggestion raised by a number of people, but refuted by others that
> imports reduce the number of contributors.

It has been denied, not refuted. I think the closest there is to real data
on the effect is:

<http://www.asklater.com/matt/wordpress/2009/09/imports-and-the-community-ii

Personally I feel the impact of road network imports is more substantial
than of any other kind.

Importing bus stops or post boxes feels like a step forward, importing a
road network feels like a step back (why that should be the case, I don't
know: perhaps due to the greater visibility of roads on the default map).

-dair