[Talk-GB] Update to OSM Analysis

David Earl david at frankieandshadow.com
Thu Feb 3 17:32:16 GMT 2011

On 03/02/2011 14:30, Tom Hughes wrote:
> I wonder how much of that jump was people blindly copying names from the
> OS anywhere it showed a difference...
>
> That's exactly what happened round me. I had started work on surveying
> the differences to determine which was correct when another contributor
> came along and just blindly copied in the OS names thus making it
> impossible to tell what I still needed to go and check!

Yes, I had that too. Except in my case they duplicated the roads the
ones I'd already done - assuming there wouldn't be anything I guess -
(nearly all of which were correct, and theirs in many cases wrong -
because on  a straight road you can't tell where one name ends and
another begins on OSSV). Took me ages to sort out.

But that's not what Peter is suggesting. I'm in two minds about that.

David