[Talk-GB] Update to OSM Analysis

Peter Miller peter.miller at itoworld.com
Sun Feb 6 22:18:30 GMT 2011

On 6 February 2011 16:43, Kev js1982 <osm at kevswindells.eu> wrote:

> How often are the tiles updated?  It would be really useful if the analysis
> map showed what date the tiles are from (well the data they are using) as I
> have put a number of changes in and while the statistics have changed the
> tiles remain the same, I'm guessing it's every few days?

The Tiles and the analysis currently update after two days although the data
is the later date, not the more useful earlier date. Someone else reported
seeing old tiles. Try clearing your cache and trying again. Do let us know
if it continues to be a problem. I hope we get time to get the date-stamping
to reflect the build date soon.

However it's a really nifty tool - knocking in a number of missing roads
> round the borough (some rural areas are brilliantly mapped, some haven't
> been touched since the NPE stuff went in ( with all the corrections that
> needs I'm so tempted just to blow everything away and start again in places)
> and adding a load more to my check list*. I've also been spotting some
> "nice" things to map (areas with lots of paths, buildings, and sports
> fields) that are devoid of GPS traces (so nothing to align Bing too) that
> others might like to pick up (i'm unlike to visit anywhere near Charnwood
> boundary for instance) and for those nearer to home it gives me something to
> aim at.

That's also what I found. It was useful to spot the villages that had been
missed in the middle of a well-mapped area.

Peter