[Talk-GB] OS OpenData contours

Nick Whitelegg Nick.Whitelegg at solent.ac.uk
Mon Feb 7 08:59:24 GMT 2011

Hi,

Am interested in using the OS OpenData contour set for an augmented reality app for walkers (extension of the OpenTrailView idea). What I have in mind is to load them into a database and implement a lookup facility where the elevation at a particular lat/lon can be obtained by querying the dataset. I believe the OS contours are rather higher precision than SRTM, hence my interest in them, but to potentially save effort, has anyone done something like this already?

Thanks,
Nick