[Talk-GB] OSM analysis - two wrong names?

Peter Miller peter.miller at itoworld.com
Tue Feb 8 17:34:48 GMT 2011

On 8 February 2011 16:46, Tom Chance <tom at acrewoods.net> wrote:

> There is a road in Southwark with two incorrect names listed against it:
>
> Correct: Gibbons Rents
> Major error: Gibbons Rent
> Minor error: Gibbon's Rent
>
> As you can only have one value for "not:name", how can I tag to indicate
> both of these errors?

Fun! To be clear, were their two separate OS Locator entries, one for
Gibbons Rent and another for Gibbon's Rent one of which is now cleared? If
so then I would suggest that you add another not:name to the other way
within the bounding box which should clear the other box.

Basically, I hope we can clear this with a work-round as it doesn't make a
lot of sense to write special code as a solution to such an odd-ball
situation.

Regards,

Peter