[Talk-GB] OSM analysis - two wrong names?

Peter Miller peter.miller at itoworld.com
Tue Feb 8 17:50:34 GMT 2011

On 8 February 2011 17:38, Tom Chance <tom at acrewoods.net> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> We have one small footpath that I have already tagged with
> "not:name=Gibbons Rent", but now I see OS Locator also seems to have an
> entry with the bounding box for the same footpath with "Gibbon's Rent".
>
> I could split the way in two and add the different values to each section,
> which seems a nasty hacky way of doing it but it would work.

So you have already added the first not:name to get rid of one incorrect OS
Locator box and now there is another one underneath? If so the I don't think
you need to split the way, just add a not:name to the other footpath which
is an right angles to the existing one. From the bounding box for the error
it seems to imply that that further section is also named anyway so it does
make some sense.

You might like to add a not:name:note to one of the entries to explain what
you are doing and why.

I agree it is a hack, but if the hack works then do it!

Regards,

Peter