[Talk-GB] Yahoo! areas (was pay_scale_area)

Dave F. davefox at madasafish.com
Wed Feb 9 10:26:09 GMT 2011

On 08/02/2011 16:54, Andy Street wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-02-02 at 10:40 +0000, Bob Kerr wrote:
>> I am presently doing some tracing in Dumfries and there is a way which
>> is marked public_transport=pay_scale_area. It is part of a Naptan
>> import. The area seems to be vague and is cutting across a number of
>> areas where I am doing some detailed work.
>>
>> Is there a good reason that this should still be kept?
>>
> I've got a similar problem with ways showing the extent of hi-res Yahoo!
> imagery (tagged boundary=yahoo, area=yes). I can't see any real use for
> having this data in the database and if we were to do the same for other
> imagery sources then it'd soon become a right old mess.
>
> Any objections before I hit delete?

Yes, possibly.

As has been posted before, this is useful while editing at a high zoom
factor to know where you can change background, especially when mapping
long linear ways such as rivers.  This may have been superseded by Bing,
but I'm not sure if UK coverage of it is fully high-res (zoom 21).

Dave F.