[Talk-GB] OSM use for Local Authority cycle journey planners - please help add local contact details

Martin - CycleStreets list-osm-talk-gb at cyclestreets.net
Sun Feb 20 16:05:43 GMT 2011

I'm pleased to announce that West Sussex County Council have just made live
a new CycleStreets/OSM-based cycle journey planner:

 	http://cyclejourneyplanner.westsussex.gov.uk/

We are about to approach Local Authorities around the country to encourage
them to commission similar embedded planners, to help raise funds towards
making the (not-for-profit) CycleStreets project self-financing, or to
encourage them to link to CycleStreets. A brochure is due to go to press
shortly, and a demo site is at: http://cyclemap.placeford.org/ .

We'd welcome help to gather the contact details for cycling/transport
officers around the country, and so have set up a crowd-sourcing tool for
this. Please kindly spend a few minutes adding the details for your area:

 	http://www.cyclestreets.net/localauthorities/contacts/

Read more, including a taster of the cover, at:
http://www.cyclestreets.net/blog/2011/02/20/council-cycling-contacts-crowdsourcing/

Martin,                     **  CycleStreets - For Cyclists, By Cyclists
Developer, CycleStreets     **  http://www.cyclestreets.net/