[Talk-GB] invisible

Richard Fairhurst richard at systemed.net
Tue Jan 18 11:08:32 GMT 2011

Chris Saunter wrote:
> 2) Browser based viewer using javascript - this could be a
> hybrid bitmap/vector renderer that annotates bitmap tiles

FWIW Potlatch 2's renderer, Halcyon, is fully stylable (using MapCSS) and
also exists as a stand-alone SWF applet that you can simply drop into any
webpage. It will read from an OSM API using either XML or AMF, or
alternatively from .osm files served from the same domain.

I believe CloudMade offer a "vector tiles" service but haven't looked into
it.

cheers
Richard