[Talk-GB] Waterways Map (was invisible)

Malcolm Herring malcolm.herring at btinternet.com
Thu Jan 20 15:19:20 GMT 2011

On 20/01/2011 05:59, Graham Jones wrote:
> I just added navigable rivers and it looks a bit more like a network now.
> There are still a few odd gaps to investigate though.

The gaps are most likely due to missing boat=yes tags. I noticed that
one river I mapped had a couple of gaps & sure enough, no boat=yes.

I encourage all riparian mappers to re-visit their efforts &
differentiate between navigable & non-navigable waterways. This applies
to canals as well as rivers, since many neglected or disused canals are
unnavigable even though they may still be wet.