[Talk-GB] Waterways Map (was invisible)

Graham Jones grahamjones139 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 22:23:57 GMT 2011

Another cause of 'odd gaps' seems to be large rivers that have riverbanks
drawn (waterway=riverbank), but no way down the middle tagged as
waterway=river.

I am minded to keep the rendering unchanged on the grounds that the wiki
says it should have the waterway=river way (
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:waterway%3Driverbank).
Does that sound reasonable, or should I render the riverbanks and not worry
about the river way?

Graham.

On 20 January 2011 10:04, Richard Fairhurst <richard at systemed.net> wrote:

> Graham Jones wrote:
> > I just added navigable rivers and it looks a bit more like a network now.
> > There are still a few odd gaps to investigate though.
>
> That's putting it mildly. :)
>
> I knew our waterway coverage was erratic but I hadn't realised it was
> _that_
> poor. Navigable rivers are particularly sporadic (very little of the Thames
> appears to be tagged as boat=yes). And as for the Macclesfield Canal's new
> western extension, complete with cycleway...
>
> Lots to do!
>
> Graham - could you add a permalink that goes either to the equivalent view
> on osm.org, or straight to osm.org/edit?lat=...&lon=...&zoom=... ?
>
> cheers
> Richard
>

> --

Graham Jones