[Talk-GB] Waterways Map (was invisible)

Graham Jones grahamjones139 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 22:42:59 GMT 2011

Thanks - I think it does show that I need to render to higher zoom levels -
it is nice to zoom in more before switching to Potlatch to reduce the load
time, but you lose my overlay tiles first.

I am importing the UK OSM database into a little virtual server at the
moment - once that is done I will move the canal map to that to make the
response quicker, and render down to zoom level 15 or so - I might make the
last few zoom levels render-on-demand to save disk space...

Graham.

On 20 January 2011 22:29, Richard Fairhurst <richard at systemed.net> wrote:

> Graham Jones wrote:
> > I think I have got an alternative way of doing it - the Openlayers
> > base that it links to (like http://www.openstreetmap.org/edit).
> > It is working on http://maps.webhop.net/canals now.
>
> That works brilliantly - I was able to spot that the Soar in north
> Leicester
> (my old stomping ground...) was missing a boat=yes and add it instantly.
> Thanks!
>
> cheers
> Richard
>

> --