[Talk-GB] Quiet lanes and "one car per minute"

Craig Loftus craigloftus+osm at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 27 18:11:01 GMT 2011

Ralph Smyth wrote:
> In terms of existing traffic count > data, the problem is that
> generally (and indeed as is the
> case in Oxfordshire) it tends to
> be available only for A and B
> roads rather than many
> unclassified (and C) roads.

I suspected the same but I hope (I haven't had chance to check) that the
council would be aware of and surveying rat runs, so that would deal with
some overly busy routes?

On 27 Jan 2011 01:00, "Gregory" <nomoregrapes at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Yes your idea is good and I've had a similar idea with bicycle parking
(when is a rack full, empty, or in-between). It makes sense to keep it in a
designated database. When one enters data they can say what time of day it
was and how long they sat there for.

I agree that a separate database for collecting the surveys would be most
appropriate but at the same time it creates another project that the mapper
has to be aware of and buy into?

Craig