[Talk-GB] OS OpenData and ODbL OK

Borbus borbus at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 10:51:47 BST 2011

On 04/07/11 18:36, Robert Whittaker (OSM) wrote:
> So presumably we also need
> confirmation from Ordnance Survey that they're happy for their content
> to be distributed under DbCL (or at least under the ODbL+DbCL
> combination).

No, because they've agreed that licensing their data under ODbL is not a
breach of their original licence.  That means that once it is under ODbL
it is simply a matter of whether DbCL is compatible with ODbL, which I'm
assuming it is.

I other words, once the data is licensed under ODbL, the OS OpenData
license is irrelevant.

--
Borbus.