[Talk-GB] OSM Analysis updated with new OS Locator data and a review of progress to date

Steve Doerr doerr.stephen at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 13:51:57 BST 2011

On 08/06/2011 07:58, Peter Miller wrote:
> Following on swiftly from Musical Chairs OSM Analaysis is now also
> running with the new OS Locator data.
>
> Warwickshire is the biggest gainer/looser with 33 new names; over half
> of the districts have got at least one new road and there are now only
> 8 places still at 100%. We do  have 51 at over 99% and only 32 at
> under 50%. There is serious work in Wales, parts of Scotland, the West
> Midlands and Norfolk at present and in other places as well.

One bonus for me is that my home town (Gravesham) has zoomed up to 5th
position as we are one of the lucky ones not to lose our 100% status.

I wonder if the good folks at ITO could devise a way to analyse the
not:name tags in the database and see whether any of them are now
redundant? In other words, are the OS correcting any of the mistakes we
appear to have identified?

--
Steve